At this time of year, most of us look back before we move forward. I like to prepare for the new year by doing the following:
1) Asking questions, such as:
- What went well in my freelancing life?
- What do I have control over that I could improve?
- How do my revenues and time spent compare to previous years, and where is most of my revenue coming from?
- What changes occurred with my client base?
- How can I grow my business next year?
2) Going through my physical and virtual filing cabinets, removing/shredding/recycling documents I no longer need. This morning I painstakingly created a new template for my acting resume, which over the years has become such a mishmosh of styles that it was difficult to edit and update.
3) Reviewing the tools of my trade. To improve my home recording setup, I just bought new, comfy headphones and more soundproofing. Not long ago, I updated my acting and voiceover site, www.ruthtalks.com. New headshots are next.
[Read more…] about New Year’s Resolutions of the Gainfully Unemployed