- #538 Paid in Kindle Store (out of nearly 4 million e-books!)
- #1 in Books > Romance > Historical > Ancient World
- #2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Scottish
- #3 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Medieval
In the UK, HLL is
- #1 in Books > Fiction > Romance > Historical Romance > Scottish
- #1 in Kindle Store > Books > Romance > Historical Romance > Scottish
- #4 in Books > Fiction > Romance > Historical Romance > Medieval
And I’m currently ranked #63 out of Amazon’s Top 100 Historical Romance Authors, up from #68 this morning! (You have to grab screen shots, because rankings are updated every hour.)
I’m honored to have my second book be part of a set that includes books by the multi-published Cathy MacRae, currently #2 in Top 100 Historical Romance Authors, Elizabeth Rose, who’s #6, and April Holthaus at #38. I’m sure their high ranks attract more readers to our set. We’ve all done some social media, held a fun Facebook party, and took out some ads to help get the word out.
It’s not always clear why some new releases languish while others rise to the top. Readers’ interest in the combination of the writing, setting, plot, the mix of authors and/or books in a boxed set, the title, cover, and/or alchemy of advertising, marketing and promotion for one book or set can’t easily be duplicated in another. Some new releases catch the tide of Amazon’s algorithms, which then propels them even higher. There’s no way to predict how long success will last.
I hope readers are enjoying my first two books as I get ready to release #3.